1. Information on how to enter this customer survey competition (“Promotion”) and prize details form part of these Terms and Conditions. Entry into this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. The Promoter is Adairs Retail Group Pty Ltd (ABN 29 128 287 776) of 2 International Court, Scoresby VIC 3179 (“Promoter” or “ADAIRS”). Promoter’s website: www.adairs.com.au.
3. The Promotion commences at 12:00am AEST on 11 October 2021 and ends at 11:59pm AEST on 21 October 2021 (“Promotion Period”).
4. Entry is open to Australian residents, excluding those residing in the ACT, aged 18 years and over who receive a customer survey from the Promoter via email (“Promotional Email” during the Promotion Period. Directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors of the Promoter and other agencies or companies associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are not eligible to enter this Promotion. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Only one (1) entry is permitted per person.
6. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, tampered with the entry process or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
7. In order to enter the Promotion, participants need to undertake the following steps during the Promotional Period:
a. Receive the Promotional Email
b. Click on the link within the Promotional Email and follow the prompts to Adairs website survey; and then
c. Complete the survey in full including the competition question “Describe your dream bedroom" in 25 words of less.
8. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The judging will take place at Adairs Retail Group, 2 International Court, Scoresby VIC 3179 commencing on 25 October 2021. The judges may select additional reserve entries which they determine to be the next best, and record them in order, in case of an invalid entry or ineligible entrant. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit of the answer provided to the promotional question, as well as the quality of the response and how well the response is articulated.
11. The best thirty (30) valid entries as determined by the judges will each win a $150 Adairs eGift Card. The judging panel will be looking for the most constructive, creative and original responses.
12. Total prize pool is valued at AUD$4,500. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash
13. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value.
14. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the eGift Card are not included. Any unused balance of the eGift Card will not be awarded in cash. Redemption of the eGift Card is subject to any terms and conditions of the issuer including those specified on the eGift Card.
15. The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the Promotion will be final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
16. The prize winners will be notified on the 28 October 2021 by email.
17. The prize winners must claim their prize by 08 November 2021(“Prize Claim Date”).
18. If the Promoter cannot contact a prize winner, or if a prize does not accept or claim their prize by the Prize Claim Date, that prize winner’s entry will be deemed invalid, and the next best entry, as determined by the judge(s) shall be awarded the prize and notified accordingly.
19. Entrants agree that they are fully responsible for any materials they submit via the promotion including but not limited to comments, recordings and images (“Content”). The Promoter shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. The Promoter may remove or decline to publish any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever. Entrants warrant and agree that:
(a) they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
(b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
(c) they will obtain prior consent from any person or from the owner(s) of any property that appears in their Content;
(d) the Content is the original literary work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party;
(e) they consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s/creators’ moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights; and or communication systems.
Without limiting any other terms herein, the entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms.
20. If due to any reason whatsoever the Promoter becomes aware that a winner has not complied with any of the Promotion’s Terms and Conditions, that winner will have no entitlement to the prize, and will be required, at the direction of the Promoter, to return, refund or otherwise make restitution of the prize.
21. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses and grants the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display their entry (which shall include Content) for any purpose, including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability.
22. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
23. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any communication network or for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over telephone communications, networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter is not liable for any consequences of user error including (without limitation) any costs incurred.
24. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act (Cth) or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.