GAME OF SKILL - WIN ONE OF FOUR HARRY POTTER™ PRIZE PACKS
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to Australian residents at the time of entry.
3. Entrants under 18 years old must have parental/guardian approval to enter and further, the parent/guardian of the entrant must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions. Parents/guardians may be required by the Promoter to enter into a further agreement as evidence of consent to the minor entering this competition.
4. Employees and Directors (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion may not enter the competition and are ineligible to win a prize, including but not limited to Warner Bros. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, stepsister or 1st cousin.
5. The competition commences at 4:30pm AEST on 04/10/2019 and ends at Midnight AEST on 07/10/2019 (“Competition Period”).
6. This is a game of skill, so each entry will be judged on their response to the question and meeting the set criteria listed in section 12. Entrants must simply comment on the relevant Adairs Instagram Post and respond to the question, in 50 words or less ‘why didn’t your letter to Hogwarts ever arrive?’ and include their favourite Hogwarts House in their comment.
7. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, tampers with the entry process or engages in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise fair and proper conduct of the promotion. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. The Promoter's legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
8. All intellectual property registered to or ordinarily in use by Warner Bros (the Licensors) is used under licence from the Licensors only. No responsibility, liability, cost, or obligation which arises or has arisen out of this promotion resides with or is attributable to either or both of the Licensors. Any views or opinions expressed by the licensee or any of its employees, contractors or agents may not necessarily be shared by either of the Licensors.
9. Incomplete entries will be deemed invalid.
10. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant and disqualify if promoter deems necessary.
11. The winners will be chosen according to who best meets the criteria listed in section 12 and the selection will take place at Adairs Retail Group Pty Ltd, 2 International Court, Caribbean Business Park, Scoresby, VIC Australia 3179 on 08/10/2019 at 1pm AEST. The Promoter may also select additional reserve entries.
12. This is a game of skill, so each entry will be judged on the basis of originality and creativity in their response to the question. Entrants must mention their favourite Hogwarts House in their response and prizes will be assigned based on the Hogwarts House that they have mentioned. There is a prize pack allocated to represent each Hogwarts House, and a total of 4 winners will be selected on this basis. Based on this criteria, the Promoter will determine the winners.
13. Winners will be notified by telephone or in writing by Instagram Messenger and their names and suburbs will be published on www.adairs.com.au from 08/10/2019 or once the winners have claimed their prize, whichever is sooner.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Each of the four prize packs include: 1 Harry Potter™ House Crest Cushion, 1 Harry Potter™ Text Pillowcase and 1 Harry Potter™ Banner, each prize pack represents one Hogwarts House. The best entry from each Hogwarts House to meet the criteria will be chosen, and the entrant will receive the relevant Hogwarts House prize pack. Once chosen and the winners have each claimed their prize, the prize packs will be posted with Australia Post by the Adairs Team to the winner’s address and will be subject to Australia Post delivery times at the time of postage.
16. If a winner of any prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner's nominated parent or guardian on the winner’s behalf.
17. Subject to the unclaimed prize clause, if for any reason a winner does not take/redeem a prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize will be forfeited.
16. If any prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority. However, if for any reason the products selected by the winner as a part of the prize are out of stock, in the first instance, the winner can choose something of equal or lesser value from the product prize pool.
17. Each of the four prize packs are valued at $94.97 (RRP) with a total prize pool value of $379.88 (RRP).
18. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash, unless otherwise specified.
19.If required, reserve entrants may be selected for any unclaimed prizes and this will take place on 10/10/2019 at the same time and place as the original selection, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. Winner(s), if any, will be notified by telephone and in writing by mail or email within two (2) business days of the selection and their names (if any) will be published on adairs.com.au from 10/10/2019.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
21. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
22. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (f) use or redemption of a prize; or (g) any other reason arising in any way out of or in connection with the promotion.
25. Each winner is responsible for providing valid contact details for communication and liaising with the Promoter to coordinate the transfer of the prizes to the winners.
26. Any cost associated with accessing a promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
27. The Promoter is:
Adairs Retail Group Pty Ltd
ABN 29 128 287 776
2 International Court, Caribbean Business Park, Scoresby, VIC Australia 3179
Telephone 03 8888 4500.